Thursday 27 October 2011

WestJets Reaction To Air Canada’s Frequent Strikes



As you know Air Canada was planning yet another strike back in September of this year. In my experience with Air Canada they are a good company however it seems every time I hear about them its because of some business dispute and or a strike. One of my best friends mocked them when I mentioned them today stating and I quote “The only thing they are good for are strikes”. My best friend travels allot so this was certainly an eye opener to how often it happens EH?.

I could not find a direct video link on youtube for the strike but I found one that explains the situation well enough, check it out!
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/CanadaAM/20110917/air-canada-flight-attendants-serve-strike-notice-110917/

One of the thing’s I love about WestJet is that they are ready for anything and they plan ahead. From my perspective WestJet is a company that knows when a situation could be in their favor. No sooner had Air Canada suggested a strike, WestJet Announced publicly that if they did strike and people were stranded they would bring extra planes over to make sure that those people did not have to worry. WestJet’s spokesperson Robert Palmer then stated and I quote “"People who may be potentially stranded do have options,"



I thought to myself “wow this company sure lives up to its care about the customers reputation to a tee”. They also know when to jump on the bandwagon and hitch a ride as the saying goes. You can make bets that if Air Canada does eventually strike for something that WestJet will be on top of it and taking advantage of it. It is a smart move because it shows three things:

 


 1: That they care more about their customers

2: They can gain new customers in the process who are forever loyal

3: They can and will expand their fleet or make changes to it based on the economy without a second thought.





If given the choice between WestJet and Air Canada which would you choose?

Do you agree with my bestfriends statement about Air Canada?, Why, Why not?

Do you think WestJet is thinking more about the customers? or more about the business? or do you think its a little of both?





 Sources used:

http://www.globalnews.ca/westjet+plans+to+add+flights+if+air+canada+strike+goes+forward/6442484564/story.html





No comments:

Post a Comment